Friday, November 2, 2007

Made it home safely!

Our last day in Santiago, we had the opportunity to spend a little time at a girls home that one of our missionaries volunteers at. Many of these girls have been abandoned and come from pretty desperate situations but have ended up in this great home run by some very wonderful Christian people.

There are girls there from very young up to 18 years old. They have set up this home as a place of safety for these girls to live and as a school to teach them skills that they can use when they leave the home. I'm not sure how to describe this place except to share with you the phrase "the joy of the Lord" in describing how I felt there. These girls have come from situations not meant for little girls, but they know the Lord now and He is with them. His joy resides within the walls of this place... you can feel it the moment you walk through the gates. My heart will be forever touched by these little ones that so lovingly embraced me and shared their precious smiles with me.

From there, we left for the airport and soon found our way back home to Colorado. I was reflecting on some of the precious time I've had in Chile and found a note that one of our missionaries wrote to me. As sick as I've been this whole time, I treasure the words she wrote to me: "Thank you for leading us in worship! Your worship was truly from your heart to the heart of God and opened the way for us, as a group, to reach Heaven's throne!" Wow... I feel like I've lived and truly understand what it is now to know what Jesus means when He says: "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." It was God in me that led those ladies in worship and I'm so incredibly grateful that I had the opportunity to be used by the Lord in Chile. Thanks for being on this journey with me!

Blessings.... Tracy

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Here's something I read in "God Calling" today that goes along with this....
The fruit is not the work of the branches, though proudly the branches may bear it. It is the work of the Vine, that sends its life-giving sap through those branches. I am the Vine and ye are the branches.