Monday, November 26, 2007

Officially Middle Aged!

Well, I think I hit it... middle age. That's when you start doing stuff you wouldn't normally do just to check it off the list of things to do while you're still able to do them. Skydiving was it for me! I told myself 3 years ago that when I turned the big 4-0, I was going to celebrate by jumping from a plane.

I went to Skydive Arizona over Thanksgiving vacation, crammed myself in a little plane with at least 20 other jumpers and did a tandem jump from 13,000 feet. It was awesome! At first there was a little panic until we got under control and then I was able to "rest" (as much as you can thousands of feet in the air!) on the wind and enjoy the free fall.

The guy that took me was Jay and he has jumped almost 4,000 times. I figured that one jump wasn't going to "kill" me. At least that was what I was hoping! Even if it did, the stack of papers signing my life away before I jumped, would never allow me to sue if I was hurt or my family to sue if I was dead. Thankfully we didn't have to deal with either one of those issues!

So off I went... soaring up to 13,000 feet and then plummeting back to earth at about 120mph. It was exhilerating and something I'm so glad I can add to the list of things that I can say "been there, done that, got the t-shirt (which I really did!)













Once again back on solid ground.... what a ride!



3 comments:

Adrianne said...

That is on my list to do before 30. I am scared about jumping out of the plane as much as I am the landing. How is the landing? what do you need to do? Do you wrap your legs around the guy and scream? that is what I would do.

Tracy said...

Do it!!! It's fabulous!!! The landing was fine. I had to lift up my feet until we were on the ground and then put them down when he told me to. No problems landing at all. It was well worth it and I'm glad I could say I did it!

Kari said...

So Cool! I would not have thought of you wanting to do something like this but how fun.