Monday, January 5, 2009

Stay tuned...

Off and running again! I'm headed to Israel two weeks from tonight. Yup! You read that right! In the midst of the Israel/Gaza "conflict" or "disturbance" or whatever you want to call it, I'm heading to the land where peace has not really been known since the beginning of mankind! To wait for "peace" I think, would be to wait for the end of the world.

So, I'm headed off to help lead a group of about 30 from our church. We are going to see fabulous places and walk on grounds that hold thousands of years of history, conflict, war and that was imprinted by the footsteps of Jesus. Wow. Will we be able to see the garden tomb where Jesus was laid? Will we be baptized in the Jordan river? Will we picnic on the Sea of Galilee? Will we float in the Dead Sea? So many amazing adventures lie ahead! I'll keep you posted!

No comments: