Monday, October 19, 2009

First Retreat in Full Swing!

Well, made it through my first couple days at the retreat. Funny, I've been here since Friday and I've only had the opportunity to gaze at the ocean from a distance! The nature of the work for now though... and I love it!

I've led worship a couple times and it's been amazing. I was quite nervous about it all because when I got here, the volunteer staff had been told about me before my arrival (I arrived a day after everyone else) and were making comments like... "everyone has said just wait until you hear Tracy!" Just a little bit of pressure there for this insecure worship leader!

I know the acoustics are wonderful in the meeting room that we are in, but I could swear the angels are singing with us. It's SO beautiful to hear these women sing! There is nothing more amazing than singing Holy, Holy, Holy accapella with a room full of women so dedicated to the Lord! I'm simply blown away. I have a gal leading with me who is just a beautiful woman inside and out. She and I have a lot in common and have both had our share of heartaches in the realm of worship in the church. She has definitely an unexpected gift to me on this trip.

I spent the afternoon today in our hairstylist's room helping her. I mostly did jobs like
sweeping up all the hair and entertain people waiting for their haircuts. When she asked me to blow dry and style one of the girls hair, I was a little bit nervous to say the least! It actually turned out pretty well and I didn't even burn her with the curling iron or bump her in the head with the hair dryer! Success in my book! Ha!

The hotel is pretty amazing and I really look forward to hanging out here with Matt when he comes next week. I think after this week is over I'll be pretty exhausted and really anxious to finally get to "go" to the beach even though it's right out the back end of the hotel!

The internet is pretty slow loading pictures so I'll have to put more up later. For more stories and pictures, you can visit the "official" site at wothretreatmex.blogspot.com. You won't see me in the staff picture because I was off fighting a migraine, but feeling great now!! Off to prepare for our worship time tomorrow. More later! :o)

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Glad things are going so well. Looking forward to seeing more pictures. Stay healthy...no more migraines....Amen