Friday, October 23, 2009

Being Thankful

Our next retreat is in full swing and the ladies that are in my small group this time are great. They are so honest and genuine with where they are and all commented on how necessary this retreat is for them. There were tears shed the first night and I'm amazed that after 27 years on the field, one of the biggest issues for one of our ladies is loneliness. There are many ladies that are far from other missionary ladies and so they end up feeling quite isolated and alone. Many have told me how wonderful it is to worship in English and of course that just makes me grin from ear to ear to hear that!

The worship times have been amazing and you can just see the pure joy these ladies have as they worship in their own heart language. I think after a number of years of hurting in this area myself, I know that this passion for worship is not gone and that I need to continue to find ways to be unleashed in this area. I feel like God has done some healing in my own heart this past week and almost feel guilty that I'm receiving more than I'm giving! I'm very thankful for the experience I've had here and a little speechless too. I haven't taken many pictures, but if you want to see more my roommate is our photographer and you can see her pictures on the WOTH blog: wothretreatmex.blogspot.com. More later! :o)

No comments: