Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Resting and relaxing


Well, our first retreat has come and gone already! It's amazing how fast time has gone by! Our first group of ladies left this afternoon and it was a little sad. There was one lady that is actually from Japan of all places, who was allowed to come to the Cancun retreat. That's not normal that they would allow a lady from another area of the world to attend since they want to offer this special treat to ladies ministering in the immediate area. I know that God made the way for her to be here so that she and I would connect! Turns out she has her doctorate in worship studies and she and I clicked instantly. She was so kind to me and I felt like she was here just for me. Definitely a gift from God directly to me!

One of the gals in my small group for this retreat was really special to me as well. We never spent any time in deep conversation, but she told me this morning that for whatever reason, she just felt a special connection to me. I definitely have a soft spot in my heart for her as well and I'm not even quite sure why. I was quite sad to see her go today.
My room mate (Nicole) and I were able to switch rooms today... yeah! Up to this point, I think we were the only one from our group that didn't have a view of the pool or the ocean from our balcony. We had the "lovely generator on top of the roof of the hotel next door" view. Surely we must have been paying more for that view! Anyway, we are now overlooking the pool area and can see the ocean. We decided on our morning off tomorrow, we might order
room service for breakfast and eat from our balcony. How's that for luxury! Well... only if it's not pouring rain like it was this morning! You'd think we had a hurricane on
the way or something! They've had a red flag warning the whole time we've been here so far which means you can't go swimming in the ocean. Major bummer - and it's probably been cloudy more than it's been sunny. I did get to sit by the ocean today and go down and at least put my toes in so no complaints here. The water really is as blue as it looks in the postcards. No photo touch up there! It's beautiful!

It was great to have the afternoon off to rest! Tomorrow we start all over again with another group of ladies so we are all in emotional downtime at the moment and there were many happy women laying in the sun today!

More later! :-)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad to hear that things are going well, my Love! I hope you guys get to rest up for the next group of women. Your service to them is, by extension, a service to all whom they serve. It is a good thing you guys do.

BTW, I notice that you are the only one in the photo who is wearing shorts. :-)

That's my girl!

Suzanne said...

Yup Matt. I noticed that too!
But hey....she's not in Denver. Whadaya 'spect?

Glad the ladies are blessing you as much as your ministry is blessing them.