Saturday, October 17, 2009

I'm here!

Well, traveled for the first time out of the country on my own. Usually I have the benefit of being part of a group and feeling a little more secure about having a support group around me. This time I had to go it on my own! So with about 130lbs of gear (3 suitcases worth) I headed through the Mexican airport on my own. Of course I was stopped because I was "carrying so many of the same kind of item." I had to give an account for what I was carrying and what I was doing with it - in as general terms as I could. I ended up having to pay about $16 to carry it all on through customs so not too bad I suppose. Could have been worse!

Pushed my 3 suitcases on out the front door to be greeted by about 30 guys standing outside all holding their signs wanting me to go with their company. Luckily I saw my guy pretty quickly and he showed me where to catch my van. I was given the royal treatment because I had a "private" transport arranged for me. Kinda nice! I hopped in the van and was off to my hotel in no time!

The hotel is beautiful. The ocean is the bluest blue you would ever see but it's been pretty cloudy and VERY muggy. All our ladies arrive tomorrow and off we go! God is good and we once again have an amazing group of staff ladies. Looking forward to see what's in store!

No comments: